1. Make sure that the blood pressure below 140/90 mm Hg. systolic pressure If Your (highest number) more than 140 is, ask your doctor what you can do to reduce it.
2. take your high blood pressure medication, as prescribed, daily. If you have questions, talk to your doctor.
3. the aim for a healthy weight. If you are overweight or obese, which increases the risk of high blood pressure this additional burden. Way to determine whether you need to lose weight is body mass index or BMI figure. If your BMI is greater than the Healthy range (i.e., 25 or higher), or if more than 35 cm (women) or 40 inches (men) measure the waist, probably you have abdominal obesity and weight loss may benefit you especially if you have other risk factors. Talk to your doctor if you are at increased risk for high blood pressure and needs to lose weight.
4. increase physical activity. Do at least 30 minutes of moderate activity, such as walking, most days of the week. Can you 30 minutes in three segments: 10 minutes.
5. Choose foods low in salt and sodium. Most Americans should not more than 2.4 g (2400 mg) of sodium per day to consume. Which corresponds to 6 grams, approximately one teaspoon salt per day. The person who the doctor may recommend less high blood pressure.
6. the Nutrition label to read. Nearly all packaged foods contain sodium. When you prepare or eat
7. keep a log of the sodium. May be surprised by how much sodium to consume each day, and the calendar will help you decide which foods to reduce or eliminate.
8. use spices and herbs instead of salt to season the food, which you can prepare at home.
9. eat more fruits, vegetables, grains and milk fats in food.
10. If you consume alcohol, consuming moderate amounts. For men it is fewer than two servings 12 ounces of beer or two glasses of wine or two oz 5 oz servings, 1 1/2 "hard" alcohol daily. Women or lighter weight people need no more than one serving of any of these beverages on the day.
Eating tips for the patients blood pressure:
Lemon: Lemon is also a very effective food in controlling high blood pressure.Helps in maintaining capillary fragility.
Grapefruit: Grapefruit is useful in preventing high blood pressure.
Watermelon: Watermelon also protects against high blood pressure.Watermelon seeds can also be dried and roasted, and taken in a liberal amount.
Rice: Rice is low-fat, low-cholesterol and low salt content is very good for people who already suffer high B.P. advised limited salt diet.Especially brown rice with calcium reassures, frees the nervous system and frees the symptoms of high b p.
Potatoes: Valuable for lowering high B.P. potatoes cooked potatoes cooked to absorb a little of salt and so are very useful.Potatoes are rich in potassium and magnesium salts and sodium absent in potatoes is also favorable.
Parsley: Parsley is very useful in high blood pressure.Helps maintain blood vessels.Parsley can be taken in the fresh parsley leaves to the drink by 20gms 250 ml of water to smooth a few minutes.Is drinking this several times a day.
Vegetable juice: Raw juices, particularly Carrot and spinach juice, taken separately or in combination, are also useful in the treatment of high-b p if taken in combination, 300 ml and 200 ml of spinach juice carrot juice mixed, so that 500 ml and must be taken daily.If taken separately, a shot taken twice a day, morning and evening.